The mission of COPE Services is to provide emotional support and crisis intervention to Ozaukee County and the Greater Milwaukee Area. This mission will be accomplished by the maintenance of a 24 hour telephone helpline, a website, and development of education materials and programs.
The COPE Hotline is answered by trained listeners. They provide supportive listening to callers, crisis intervention and suicide prevention. The Hotline is available 24/7 and all calls to COPE are anonymous and confidential!
More Facts about COPE:
- Over 28,000 calls taken in 2016. To learn about COPE’s recent accomplishments, download the annual report and newsletter.
- COPE is available to anyone at anytime to “Talk things over with an empathetic listener”.
- COPE is a United Way Agency.
We have 2 goals for every call to COPE:
- That the caller feels less stressed at the end of the call.
- That the caller knows the next step – what they are going to do next!
COPE is there with fellow human beings who can take the time to talk things through.