Interested in becoming a COPE Volunteer Listener?
You should know a few things:
To become a COPE Volunteer Listener, you need to:
1. Fill out an application & interview with COPE Staff.
2. Pass a criminal background check.
3. Go through our two-session mandatory Volunteer Training program.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Training sessions are offered three times a year – Winter/Spring, Summer & Fall. Sessions include 10 hours of classroom work and 6 to 8 hours of listening on the Hotline with an experienced volunteer.
- Basic computer skills are desired, but will train if needed.
- Volunteers have flexible 2-hour shifts anytime between 9 am and 9 pm Mon-Thurs and 9 am-5 pm on Fridays.
Dates for 2018 COPE Volunteer Training
Session 1 – Wednesday, August 29, 2018; 5pm-9pm
Session 2 - Thursday, August 30, 2018; 5pm-9pm
If you would like to join a terrific group of volunteers and can commit to 2-4 hours a week for one year, please call Miriam Stern at the COPE Administrative Office at 262-377-1477 or email email@example.com to schedule an interview.
In addition, download and fill out the application below: