The mission of COPE Services is to provide emotional support and crisis intervention to those in the Ozaukee/Milwaukee Area. This mission will be accomplished by the maintenance of a 24-hour telephone helpline, a website, and development of education materials and programs.
The COPE Hotline is answered by trained listeners. They provide supportive listening to callers, crisis intervention and suicide prevention. The Hotline is available 24/7 and all calls to COPE are anonymous and confidential!
More Facts about COPE:
- Over 13,000 calls taken in 2019.
- COPE is available to anyone at anytime to “Talk things over with an empathetic listener”.
- COPE serves five Wisconsin counties: Ozaukee, Milwaukee, Washington, Waukesha and Sheboygan.
- COPE is a United Way Agency.
We have two goals for every call:
- Reduce the caller’s stress.
- Establish the caller’s next step – what they are going to do next!
COPE is there with fellow human beings who can take the time to talk things through.