Interested in becoming a COPE Volunteer Listener?
You should know a few things:
To become a COPE Volunteer Listener, you need to:
1. Fill out an application & interview with COPE Staff.
2. Pass a criminal background check.
3. Go through our two-session mandatory Volunteer Training program.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Training sessions are offered three times a year – Winter/Spring, Summer & Fall. Sessions include 10 hours of classroom work and 6 to 8 hours of listening on the Hotline with an experienced volunteer.
- Basic computer skills are desired, but will train if needed.
- Volunteers have flexible 2-hour shifts anytime between 9 am and 9 pm Mon-Thurs and 9 am-5 pm on Fridays.
Please note: COPE Hotline will be closed whenever Grafton Public Schools close due to weather.
Dates for 2018 COPE Volunteer Training
Next Session TBA
If you are interested, please complete and send an application below to Miriam Stern.
If you would like to join a terrific group of volunteers and can commit to 2-4 hours a week for one year, please call Miriam Stern at the COPE Administrative Office at 262-377-1477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview.
In addition, download and fill out the application below: