Are you a good listener?
Do you enjoy helping others?
Become a COPE Hotline Volunteer!
1. Fill out an application (below) & interview with COPE Staff.
2. Pass a criminal background check.
3. Complete our mandatory two-session Volunteer Training program.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Training sessions are offered twice a year. Sessions include 10 hours of classroom work and 4 hours of listening on the Hotline with an experienced volunteer.
- Basic computer skills are desired, but will train if needed.
- Volunteers have flexible 2-hour shifts anytime between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Monday – Thursday and 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Fridays.
Please note: The COPE Hotline will be closed whenever Grafton Public Schools close due to weather.
Next Volunteer Training Scheduled for Aug. 24 & 25, 2020
COPE Services will present its next Volunteer Training from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. on Aug. 24 & 25, 2020. This eight-hour classroom training is mandatory for COPE volunteers, and is combined with four hours of shadowing experienced volunteers. This training offers information on reflective listening, mental illness, how to handle difficult callers, crisis call procedures, self-care, and computer skills.
If you would like to join a terrific group of volunteers and can commit to two to four hours per week for one year (student commitment varies), please call Cecile Duhnke at the COPE Administrative office at 262.377.1477 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview.
Download and fill out the application below: