Interested in becoming a COPE Volunteer Listener?
You should know a few things:
To become a COPE Volunteer Listener, you need to:
1. Fill out an application & interview with COPE Staff.
2. Pass a criminal background check.
3. Go through our two-session mandatory Volunteer Training program.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Training sessions are offered three times a year – Winter/Spring, Summer & Fall. Sessions include 10 hours of classroom work and 6 to 8 hours of listening on the Hotline with an experienced volunteer.
- Basic computer skills are desired, but will train if needed.
- Volunteers have flexible 2-hour shifts anytime between 9 am and 9 pm Mon-Thurs and 9 am-5 pm on Fridays.
Please note: COPE Hotline will be closed whenever Grafton Public Schools close due to weather.
Next Volunteer Training Scheduled for January 13 & 15, 2020
COPE Services will present its next Volunteer Training from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. on January 13th & 15th, 2020. This eight hour training, which is mandatory for COPE volunteers, includes four hours of shadowing experienced volunteers. This training offers information on reflective listening, mental illness, how to handle difficult callers, crisis call procedures, self-care, and computer skills.
If you would like to join a terrific group of volunteers and can commit to two to four hours per week for one year (student commitment varies), please call Cecile Duhnke at the COPE Administrative office at 262.377.1477 or email her at email@example.com to schedule an interview.
Download and fill out the application below: